Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Student Vegan Tips

As a vegan student in high school, I know its hard. During lunch time your friends are eating mystery meat and what-not. And then between classes students are muching on unhealthy food like Hot Cheetos and buying things from vending machines. I've had those days when I felt like I couldn't eat anything my school offered me. It sucked going vegan at first, everyone was happily eating food and I was refusing everything they offered. I felt like a jerk too. So I want to give some tips on quick snacks you can buy or make to snack on at school.


First we have Trader Joes baked onion rings <3 They are the VEGAN FUNYUNS and let me tell you they are delish! When i first went vegan i started craving onions like crazy! But sadly onion rings from many places contained dairy. I remember telling my boyfriend once before he came to my house to bring me onion rings. He came to my house with Funyuns and sadly I couldn't eat them. But now with Vegan baked onion rings from Trader Joes I love them (:


Secondly everyone should try taking peanutbutter ritz sandwiched with banana. You just put peanutbutter on two ritz crackers and put a slice of banana between them and trust me they are really good. I love taking them because believe it or not they satisfy hunger and thats very important. Us vegans got to keep that healthy image right?


Third everyone whos everyone has got to love burritos. What vegan doesn't? you can fill them with anything! But beans, rice, lettuce, onion, avocado, and salsa and you got yourself a yummy lunch.

What else? You could take juice and water as well. The important thing about being a vegan at school is always to take your own food. I do! I carry a "Meat Sucks" lunchbag by Drop Dead. I love making my food for school I know it beats mystery meat from school or glow in the dark macaroni and cheese!

2 comments:

  1. When I was in high school, I used to take my own lunch, too! PB&J worked for me, and it was so easy!! And vegan too, of course ;)

    OMG They have vegan onion rings?!?!?! Aaaaaaaawesome!!! I'm gonna go find that tomorrow!! :D Those were good, my parents like em, and hey! I can make them eat vegan food! ha ha!

    Ooh, I'm Sagojyou from peta2! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Vegan onion rings - amazing :-D
    I can't imagine being a vegan in high school, it must have been so hard! Am incredibly impressed by that! :)

    http://vegansmarties.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete